Sunday, May 31, 2009

Long time no blog!

Okay! So, here I am... I had a RATHER busy week last week, but hopefully this week will be less so. :)

First up, do you all like the new background? I love it... pretty and girly, yet classy at the same time... the new colour scheme rocks! Comment on it...

Second, urm... I watched the 'Rabbit Proof Fence' movie last night... it was so sad! And yet the main characters were so inspiring! If any of you Aussies out there get a chance to see it, you so should! Anyone else, you could watch it too, but you might not get as much out of it as us Aussies. You see, it was about these 3 Aboriginal girls who were taken away from their family becuase of this law that said this guy was in charge of all the Abroiginal people and could pretty much do whatever he wanted with half Aboriginal/half Caucasian kids... very sad...
But I learnt heaps from the movie and say 'check it out!'...

What else... not much, really! I am having fun just being me... reading my Bible... wanting to spend more time in the Word...

OH! Okay... here is a challenge for you all - I really want to get as many comments as I can for this...
Here is the question - let's hear your best answer -

How do you discipline yourself to read God's Word and spend time with Him each day?
(and how can I do better at it! I hardely ever remember to... and it makes me sad, and I just want to change!)

xo

justagirl4god

2 Thoughts from YOU!:

emii June 1, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

Hey Chelsea,
Yes, I (L) the new background! It's sooo cool! Sounds like an interesting movie, maybe I will check it out =)

Your question. To tell the truth, I find it really hard to discipline myself to do that. Do you read the Christy Miller series? Well, in Christy and Todd, the College Years, Christy realizes something -- Would she come early just to talk to the Lord, like she arrives early just to talk to Todd?
I thought that was interesting, in fact, I think I'll do a post on it...
For a couple of weeks, I talked to God in my diary every night. Last night was the first night I didn't...you know, I read all these books about talking to God all the time, and then I realize, I don't do that. When I'm in a situation I don't know what to do, I think about my options. But I don't talk to God about it. I listen to myself. And I'm going to work so hard on not doing that...

WOW. Chel, I have this little lighthouse thing right, that my dad gave me. It's full of verses, and each day I turn it over. Well, after I wrote that part up there, I thought, hey, wouldn't it be cool if I could post a verse about what I just said? So, I flip it to the next verse, and this is what it is...

Do not be anxious about anything. Present your requests to God and the Peacce of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philipians 4:6-7

That's exactly what I was just after.

xxx emii
xxx emii

justagirl4god June 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Lol... Hey Em, just wanted to remind you - I'm not Chelsea... her blog is over at clubchea.blogspot.com... :) I'll comment on Nancy's blog and remind you who I really am...

xo

justagirl4god

Post a Comment

Hello!
Thank you for leaving your thoughts - they are very valuable to me!
Please remember that whatever you write is moderated first, and that I want this blog to glorify God... so, keep that in mind and comment away!
God bless!
justagirl4god