Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another new day...

Well, another day, another post... here we go! :)
I wrote this a little while back as an English assignment thing. While it does focus on Australia, I feel it could encourage others as well... looking forward to your responses! :)

The Great South Land

This is our nation, this is our land, this is our future, this is our hope. A land of reaping, a land of harvest. This is our land, this is our home... [from Geoff Bullock's song, 'The Great South Land']

Australia was originally known as 'The Unknown South Land'. It was first discovered, in 1606, by Pedro Ferdinand de Quiros. On the 14th of May, he proclaimed that Australia was taken 'possession... in the name of Jesus... and to the end that all the natives in all the said lands, the holy and sacred evangel may be preached zealously and openly.'

Today, when we look into streets, homes, stores, families all over Australia, we see a land living far from what was proclaimed over it 400 years ago. We see crime, drugs, alcohol, adultery splashed everywhere. The churches in our community may be growing, but are we taking a hold of what
Pedro Ferdinand de Quiros declared? That the gospel be preached 'zealously and openly'? While we are still leagally allowed to, Christians should be seizing every opportunity - in workplaces, in schools, everywhere in our community - sharing the love of Christ with those who are yet to come to know Him.

Our culture, as mentioned, is living far from the Biblical principles our forefathers founded this nation on. Most likely, God would judge and abhor many practices we accept as the norm in our community. This falling away of Christian morals is not impossible to fix, but if we wish for future generations of Australians [or Americans] to grow up with Christ as their focus, we need to begin to live out what we teach and preach. We need to love others regardless of their history and background. We need to embrace the position of power we have been given in Christ and reclaim our nation for God.

As a Christian teenager living in this society today, I know how hard it can be to share my faith and beliefs with others. I am human - I do have concern for how others view me and what they think about me. I am learning to take hold of the authority I have been given by God to make disciples of all nations - beginning in my backyard of Australia.

I'd love to hear how you are embracing your faith and sharing it with those around you... leave a comment or post on your blog and let me know! :)
Blessings,
Just a Girl 4 God

5 Thoughts from YOU!:

Larn May 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

oh and also, i voted other, because i think God stuff in A WAY- like about being a godly teen and being an influence does that make sens?
Larny

Larn May 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Hi just a girl 4god!
Love your blog, i found it on nancy's website, thanks for checking out mine! Is it okay if i let some of the girls who blog and visit nancy's site know that you have one? or would you rather me not? I live in australia too and i know what you mean, the teens these days are so 'confirmative and as christians its hard to be an influence!
larny

justagirl4god May 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Thanks for your comments Larny!
If you would like to share about this blog with others, go for it! I'm all for more readers and followers! :)

Blessings!
Justagirl4god

emii May 12, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Hey Girl 4 God,
You know how in your other post, you wanted stuff about your prince charming? Well, today, is library, I found the perfect book. It was based on the song Wait for Me, by Rebecca St. James, a song I just discovered recently. I read it at the library, in fact, for about 2 hours, until it was hometime. I'd have borrowed it, but I've already got too many books out :( Oops, you didn't need to all that :) But just if you wanted to know, the book is called Wait for Me (which I already said) it's by Rebecca St. James, and it was published in 2000.

In the places we live, I guess it's kinda hard for us to up and talk about God. I mean, I do with my friends, but yeah. I guess blogging, and reading you and the other girlz' blogs have lead me closer in my realationship with Christ...

xox emily

justagirl4god May 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Thanks Em, I have read that book from my local library too! It is a great book... hope you enjoy it!
Look out for that post early next week... hopefully! :)

Blessings!

Post a Comment

Hello!
Thank you for leaving your thoughts - they are very valuable to me!
Please remember that whatever you write is moderated first, and that I want this blog to glorify God... so, keep that in mind and comment away!
God bless!
justagirl4god