Saturday, May 9, 2009

Falling down... and getting back up again.

Ever watched a little one who is just learning to walk? I have seen many... Did you notice what they do? They pull themselves up, perhaps with a table, chair, person, toy... They stand up, wobble a bit, might fall down onto their backside. They they GET BACK UP AGAIN. They try it again. And, soon enough, they find they can stand, holding onto something, but they don't fall down so much. They they try to take a step. I find it is so amazing to watch their little faces concentrate on where that foot is going... they lift it up, move it forward and put it down. If they know you are watching, they might look up and smile at you... And they keep learning to move those feet, and keep their balance and before you know it that little tot is running behind you. *sigh*

Well, guess what? This is just like our walk with God! When we first become a Christian, we are like a newborn - we need to be nurtured and cared for and fed God's Word by an older Christian mentor. After a while, we find that we are beginning to understand and can try to 'eat' the Bible by ourselves, taking in what God is saying to us more independently. After a while, we find that we are ready to take a stand for our faith - here comes the hard part. We know we can do it, we know we are made to do this, but it's tricky. Here we go... So we stand up, pulling ourselves up with support from friends and the Word, we wobble, struggle, are tempted, and we may fall down... but we need to just get back up and try again... and fall... and up again... and fall... and up, and soon you find that you are not falling as often and you are ready to take that first step of faith and go out into your world and share Christ with others...

So, my challenge for you today: where are you at? Have a look at your life and ask yourself how well you are going with pulling yourself back up when life knocks you down. Are you standing on the faith you have been given? If you feel comfortable, go for it and post a comment with your thoughts...
Also, if you would like, share your thoughts on how we can encourage our Christian siblings to stand firm in their faith and grow with God.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Blessings... :)

Just a Girl 4 God

4 Thoughts from YOU!:

emii May 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Hey Girl 4 God,

That was an awesome post, and so true. And your right -- we just need to keep trying, with God by our side.
Where am I in my life, being pulled up and down? Well, I think I'm slowly moving up higher, as I learn more about God, things that help me to grow closer...one of the things that has helped me a lot in this is the Christy Miller series. But another thing that really helps a person grow -- their parents, their friends...we need to have support in those areas.

Encouraging our siblings...I think that like, doing a sort of devotion study, together, could sort of like, help see what they think and stuff, and sort of talk about stuff about being a Christian and stuff...
Thanks for the helpful and encouraging post,and thanks for commenting on my blog :)

xox emily

Elijah May 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

The thing that helped me when I was severely discouraged over Christmas break was filling my mind with God's Word. It's very encouraging!

Chelsea May 10, 2009 at 4:55 AM  

That post was truly amazing! I loved every word of it and couldn't stop reading it until I had finished. Great job! Btw, I found your blog through a link from emily's blog. Do you mind if I follow your blog? Just wondering. Oh, if you want to, you can check out my blog at www.clubchea.blogspot.com. Have a great day.
-Chelsea

justagirl4god May 10, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Hey Chelsea,

It is totally okay if you follow! I'm glad that the post/s encouraged you... that's kinda the whole purpose of this :). I'll check out your blog... :)

Blessings!

Just a Girl 4 God

Post a Comment

Hello!
Thank you for leaving your thoughts - they are very valuable to me!
Please remember that whatever you write is moderated first, and that I want this blog to glorify God... so, keep that in mind and comment away!
God bless!
justagirl4god