Friday, September 18, 2009

Followers of God - Thought for the Day

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Ephesians 1:5, KJV
 What does it mean to be a follower? A follower is 1) one who adheres to the teaching of another; 2) a servant; 3) a fan or enthusiast; 4) one that imitates or copies another. 
This verse in Ephesians states that we are to be FOLLOWERS of God. This means that we are to be...
1) someone who adheres to His teachings. To adhere to someone's teachings means to claim it as your own, and build your life around it. We need to study God's word, and make it the firm foundation for our WHOLE life. 
2) a servant. Wow. This can be a hard one. A servant gives up all of their own rights to live life the way their Master wants them... we are God's servants, and need to be ready and willing to do whatever He asks us to.
3) A follower is a fan or enthusiast of what they are following. This means we need to be LOUD with our Christianity and not shy away from saying that we fully believe in God and the Bible! Don't be afraid to look strange and to have people dislike you! The world did not love Jesus - and He is just what we want to become. Stay strong and passionate about your faith!
4) An imitator... we live like He would. It's taking WWJD and actually doing it. It's not worrying about what someone else is going to say - but just doing it because Jesus would. To be able to copy Him, we need to know what He is like... and we get this by studying our Bible and spending time in worship and prayer with Him. 
Are you truly a follower of Christ?
Have you given up all of 'you' so that He may live in your life?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
New Followers
dreamingofparismeg 

13 Thoughts from YOU!:

Anonymous,  September 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Great post! BTW, love the new design, very cute! My two favorites are the background and the new button.

Thirteen Feathers September 18, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Hi Rachael! This looks amazing...! :) Thanks for writing this post.
Jessica:)

justagirl4god September 18, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Thank you girls!
I'm glad you like the look... make sure you grab the button to put on your blog! :)
God bless!
Rachael

Anonymous,  September 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

I love how practical you make Scripture! It's awesome to see!

Anonymous,  September 18, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

I love how you break down Scripture and make it so practical... it's really great!

Anonymous,  September 18, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Hmmm so for some reason I can get the comment to work. But what I'm trying to say is that I love how you break down Scripture and make it so practical. It's great! :)

Hannah Nicole September 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Very true!

Also, I love your new look! Did you design it? It's beautiful. :)

Hannah

Hannah Nicole September 19, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Also, dear, I've awarded you with the "Honest Scrap Award"

Go to my blog to check it out. :)

Hannah

justagirl4god September 19, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Hey Leah!
You probably were confused, cause I have comment moderation turned on... that means I have to preview it before it is posted. :)
Thanks for what you said, that's really encouraging!

Hey Hannah!
Thanks! I love the new look too... It was designed by Olivina Design House... click the link at the bottom of the sidebar to see some of the rest of her work! She is SO awesome :).
And thanks for the award! :)

Libby September 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Miss the old look, but this ones cute too :)

emii September 22, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Hey Rachael,
I love reading your posts; I always learn new things.

Grr, you have more followers than me! Just kidding.. well, you do, but you know what I mean :)

I was wondering -- was your new blog design free, or does it cost? :)

Luv,Emii

Anonymous,  September 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

Haha... yeah, I figured that out after I posted about 100 comments ;)

anna :) September 26, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

luv ur blog! just found it thru ur blog button posted on the behind the teen scene...so...yeah. luv ur blog!

Post a Comment

Hello!
Thank you for leaving your thoughts - they are very valuable to me!
Please remember that whatever you write is moderated first, and that I want this blog to glorify God... so, keep that in mind and comment away!
God bless!
justagirl4god