Sunday, September 27, 2009

Consider Others Better... - Thought for the Day

I started this a few days ago, so I'm just hitting post... :)

“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”- Philippians 2:3-4
 I think that this is a pretty strong verse. Paul is not just saying, 'oh, you know, sometimes it would be a good idea to let someone else go first...'. I think he is saying... 'wherever you go, in whatever you do, put others first'. Those are pretty strong words, hey? I mean, we are all human, and of course our first priority is naturally ourselves. It's how we work - me first, you second.
But that is not the way Jesus lived. That's not the way God works. Imagine if God was like that? Do you think He would have given up everything - even His own Son - so that we could live with Him forever?
The challenge to us - put others first. Consider others better and more talented than ourselves. Take our eyes off us and put them on God, so that others will see Him glorified through us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

New Followers
castingcrownsgirl33

4 Thoughts from YOU!:

emii September 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Your posts are always so true and thoughtful, Racgael, that are I never know quite what to say...

Luv,Emii

Anonymous,  September 27, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Great post! I think its great that you add it to your post when you have new followers. :)

Libby September 28, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

I'm sorry. With everything thats happened to ellie, I can't read anyones post, I can only give updates, because everything is crazy. but please go to my blog again and leave a message for ellie like I've said. and then you can also see an update. thanks.

Amber Noella September 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Very true, something I'm going to try to work on, according to God's Timing. Thanks for posting!
Amber

Post a Comment

Hello!
Thank you for leaving your thoughts - they are very valuable to me!
Please remember that whatever you write is moderated first, and that I want this blog to glorify God... so, keep that in mind and comment away!
God bless!
justagirl4god